The holidays can be wonderful but let’s be honest, there’s also a lot of crap, be it emotional or physical. Gift-giving unfortunately is often fueled by obligation, and the more is better trap can loom large during the holidays. In Episode 18 of Edit Your Life, Asha and I share 9 ideas for how to relax the craziness around gifts — without tamping down generosity — and keep the physical crap to a minimum. It’s such a great episode, I hope you’ll take a listen!
It’s super easy to listen right through this blog post or via an app on your device. Here’s how!
- Via the web. Hit the “play” button on the podcast player embedded below.
- Via an app. For iPhones and iPads, use the purple Podcasts app. For Android devices, use the Stitcher, Podcast Addict, or Pocket Casts apps. In all cases, launch the app, then search for Edit Your Life. Benefit of using an app: once downloaded, you can listen to the show without an Internet connection.
If you’re not seeing the Soundcloud player, you can listen to Episode 18 directly on Soundcloud.
And here are links to things/people/resources we mentioned during the podcast:
- Minimalist Parenting
- charity:water (the best $30 gift: clean drinking water for someone who has none)
- The 4-gift Christmas challenge (Money Saving Sisters)
- Make your minimalist holiday manifesto (Boston Mamas)
- Clutter-free food gifts: 10 ideas + 15 more ideas (Boston Mamas)
- Gifts kids can make: 14 ideas + 10 clutter-free ideas (Boston Mamas)
- The gift of time: experiential gifts + gratitude and reconnection (Boston Mamas)
- Putting yourself first during the holidays (Boston Mamas)
- Homemade chai concentrate (Parent Hacks)
- DIY: Easy half-moon pendant (Design Mom)
- 6 DIY necklaces kids can make (Handmade Charlotte)
- DIY citrus scrub + coffee scrub (Petit Elefant)
- Hot chocolate on a stick + chocolate dipped candy canes (Make and Takes)
We want to hear from you!
Share how you’re redefining holiday gift giving via your favorite social profile with the hashtag #EditYourLifeShow and let us give you a fist bump, or possibly a unicorn. You can also find us on the Edit Your Life Facebook page, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you found our show helpful, we’d be so grateful if you’d leave a review on iTunes!
Interested in becoming an Edit Your Life episode sponsor?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle/parenting/productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss episode sponsorship, drop us a line at email@example.com!