There’s something so wonderful about an entirely fresh new year ahead, new starts, new habits, and all that. But there’s also this expectation about New Year’s resolutions and goal-setting. It can be intimidating! In Episode 20 of Edit Your Life, Asha and I share 9 tips to help you reframe New Year’s resolutions and intention setting so that you can figure out the “right” way to set and reach goals — and by right, we mean the way that works best for YOU.
It’s super easy to listen right through this blog post (press the play button in the podcast player below) or via an app on your device (e.g., the Podcasts app for iPhone or Stitcher, Podcast Addict, or Pocket Casts for Android).
If you’re not seeing the Soundcloud player, you can listen to Episode 20 directly on Soundcloud.
And here are links to things/people/resources we mentioned during the podcast:
- Minimalist Parenting
- About Intention Setting (What’s the deal with resolutions vs. intentions?)
- My Ten Intentions for 2016 (Christine’s 10 intentions…#1 may surprise you)
- 5 Resolution Pitfalls and Solutions (Because pitfalls are inevitable)
- How To Tackle Goals Like a Boss (Christine’s practical tips for tackling goals)
- New Year’s Resolutions for People Who Like Themselves (7 things Asha is focusing on this year)
- A discovery, an apology, and an offer (A brave post from Asha following a fitness challenge)
- Edit Your Life Episode 1: Conquering Procrastination (Because, well, everyone suffers from procrastination from time to time)
- Wunderlist (our favorite free to-do list app)
- Google Sheets (Christine uses simple spreadsheets to map out projects)
- Choosing Ame: “I’m Tired” (Amy’s chosen to prioritize self-care over self-improvement)
- An interview with Erin Condren (Christine and Erin talk about prioritizing self-care)
- Asha’s WDS 2015 talk “How To Be a Grownup” (Asha talks about small steps and course correction)
- Martha Beck’s “The Four-Day Win”
We want to hear from you!
Share about your New Year’s resolutions or intentions via your favorite social profile with the hashtag #EditYourLifeShow and let us give you a fist bump, or possibly a unicorn. You can also find us on the Edit Your Life Facebook page, or e-mail us at email@example.com. If you found our show helpful, we’d be so grateful if you’d leave a review on iTunes!
Interested in becoming an Edit Your Life episode sponsor?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle/parenting/productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss episode sponsorship, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org!