The never-ending nature of paper clutter — incoming mail, bills, and school papers — is both irritating and anxiety-provoking, and yet most of it can go straight into the recycle bin. In this episode of Edit Your Life, Asha interviews Erin Doland, Real Simple’s organizing columnist and author of the new book, Never Too Busy to Cure Clutter. Asha and Erin discuss the wisdom of handling paper clutter in small bits, note the energy difference between mindful and mindless organizing, and share practical tips for both handling incoming paper and busting through the paper clutter already filling your house.
Talk to us
We’d love to hear which of our tips you’re putting into action. Tell us so we can issue you a high five!
- Leave a comment on the Edit Your Life Facebook page
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
- Email us at email@example.com
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Never Too Busy to Cure Clutter (Erin’s new book)
- Minimalist Parenting
- The Lifechanging Magic of Tidying Up
- Edit Your Life Episode 22: Questioning the Konmari Method
- Parent Hacks posts about Paper Organization
- Real Simple magazine
- Teacher Mailbox (for some, a great mail sorter)
- Fujitsu ScanSnap (Erin’s favorite scanner)
- Backblaze and Carbonite (backup services)
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Catch up on previous episodes
Here’s a complete listing of every episode.