Everyone seems to have some kind of baggage related to money and that can make it extra challenging for parents to figure out how to teach kids about it. In Episode 35, Christine and Asha discuss how to teach kids about spending, saving, and giving — offering 9 tips related to allowance, chores, investing, giving, division of parental/kid spending responsibility, making spending mistakes, and how to navigate social buying pressure.
Talk to us
- Leave a comment on the Edit Your Life Facebook page
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
- Email us at email@example.com
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting
- Edit Your Life Episode 24: Edit Your Financial Fears
- Edit Your Life Episode 26: How To Get Kids To Do Chores
- How to teach kids to budget
- The tooth fairy’s going rate
- 6 things you must know before giving kids allowance
- The Opposite of Spoiled: Raising Kids Who Are Grounded, Generous, and Smart About Money by Ron Lieber (a warm, nonjudgmental read!)
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Catch up on previous episodes
Here’s a complete listing of every episode.