We totally get it. It’s easy to put yourself last, particularly when you’re in the trenches of early parenting or are overwhelmed by the daily challenges and demands of, well, LIFE. But ironically, it’s during those times when you need “me” time most. In Episode 38 of Edit Your Life, Christine and Asha address the moving target that is “me” time, sharing 10 strategies to break the self-care is selfish mindset and work towards a more sustainable way to live with YOU in the foreground.
Talk to us
- Leave a comment on the Edit Your Life Facebook page
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
- Email us at email@example.com
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting
- The Girl Next Door podcast (thanks for inspiring us to cover this topic, Kelsey!)
- EYL Episode 12: Taming the E-mail Beast
- Are you a martyr mom? (Asha gets honest)
- 6 things you can stop doing (Asha wrote this years ago for Babble, and it still applies)
- Self-care is not selfish (Christine’s Huffington Post article)
- EYL Episode 21: Saying Yes to Saying No
- EYL Episode 28: Learning to Compromise Well
- Jessica Ashley of Single Mom Nation
- Christine’s favorite yoga app
- Christine’s recent (amazing!) experience with a personal shopper (this happened AFTER they recorded the episode
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Catch up on previous episodes
Here’s a complete listing of every episode.