Getting together with friends should be fun. But oftentimes we let household to-do’s and entertaining “shoulds” get in the way of being with people. Inspired by online articles about “scruffy” and “crappy” entertaining, in Episode 59, Christine and Asha share 8 tips for how to simplify entertaining and lower the expectations in a way where the goal is not necessarily to be crappy but to simply enjoy the company of loved ones.
Talk to us
- Leave a comment on the Edit Your Life Facebook page
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting
- Parent Hacks
- In Praise of Scruffy Hospitality (Mother Nature Network)
- Why Scruffy Hospitality Makes Space for Friendship: by Jack King, an Anglican priest in Knoxville, TN
- 5 Rules for Hosting a Crappy Dinner Party (and Seeing Your Friends More Often) (The Kitchn)
- Edit Your Life Episode 53: Podcasts In Our Playlist Right Now
- Edit Your Life Episode 6: Serendipity Space
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at email@example.com.
Catch up on previous episodes
Here’s a complete listing of every episode.