This Saturday, women across the country will march in a national show of unity and strength. Now more than ever, women need to support one another and rise up together, both at work and at home. In Episode 66 of Edit Your Life, Christine and Asha interview rock star business owner and community builder Morra Aarons-Mele, founder of social media agency Women Online and host of the popular podcast Hiding In the Bathroom. We discuss why women need to cultivate what Morra calls “weak ties” to form a “new girls’ club,” her top piece of advice for building community, why it’s crucial for women to gain financial power (and how that power sits in both earning and spending), why getting active in your immediate community is EVERYTHING, and how there’s no singular way to parent as a feminist. [*Note: this episode contains one profanity at ~24:40]
Talk to us
- Leave a comment on the Edit Your Life Facebook page
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
- Email us at email@example.com
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting
- Parent Hacks
- Women Online + The Mission List (Morra’s digital agency/community)
- Hiding In The Bathroom (Morra’s podcast)
- Brave New World Smash The Patriarchy t-shirt
- Robert Putnam’s Bowling Alone
- Ellen Galinsky’s Mind In The Making
- Kim Leary (negotiation expert)
- Arvind Rajan interview (Episode 12 of Hiding In The Bathroom)
- Julia LeStage (Episode 4 of Hiding In The Bathroom)
- Lindy Huang Werges (epic supporter of local, women-owned businesses)
- The Indivisible Guide
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Catch up on previous episodes
Here’s a complete listing of every episode.