These days it’s not easy to go slow. Or if you want to go slow, it often feels as if you’re going against the tide. In Episode 67, Christine and Asha interview Erin Loechner, founder of Design for Mankind, co-host of The Simple Show podcast, and author of Chasing Slow. We discuss the individual nature and complexities of how to get to your slow, decoupling self-esteem and happiness from perfection and control, how surrender is an essential part of parenting, reconciling loving beauty and stuff with wanting to simplify, and the challenges of chasing slow in the age of social media.
Talk to us
- Leave a comment on the Edit Your Life Facebook page
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
- Email us at email@example.com
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting
- Parent Hacks
- Design for Mankind (Erin’s blog)
- The Simple Show (the podcast Erin co-hosts)
- Chasing Slow (Erin’s book)
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up (Marie Kondo’s decluttering book)
- Edit Your Life Episode 28: Learning To Compromise Well
- Edit Your Life Episode 65: Decluttering With Kids
- Gabrielle Blair of Design Mom
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Catch up on previous episodes
Here’s a complete listing of every episode.